My absolute favorite beauty oil is SENSE by Dr. Sonjia! It smells so good and is literally “Aromatherapy for Your Skin.” I confess, I am completely addicted to it. ❤️
I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to talk to Dr. Sonjia about SENSE. She is passionate about her product and worked on it for a couple of years to get it just right. It was also important for her to have all-natural ingredients like Sunflower, Grapeseed and Coconut that are blended with a secret essential oil fragrance. Now for the really juicy part – Dr. Sonjia initially created this as a stimulating oil because when used for sensual massages it helps stimulate senses and arouses desire. So bonus!! But she knows that it has so many other uses. In fact, her customers have told her they use it for non-sensual massage therapy as well as on their babies.
This really is a multi-purpose oil. It can be used for moisturizing, massage, shaving and aromatherapy. Some of the ways I use it:
- Perfume Oil – I wear it on my wrists and behind my ears. I get so many compliments when wearing which is weird sometimes to have strangers tell you that you smell good. I can’t fully describe what it smells like because it changes slightly once it is on but it reminds me of baked goods.
- After Shower Body Moisturizer – Have you ever used Johnson’s Baby Oil after showering? Well this is nothing like that. Johnson’s sits on your skin and feels greasy and leaves oil stains on your clothes. SENSE absorbs into your skin quickly and leaves you feeling soft and moisturized.
- Body Oil / Facial Oil – Because it is quick absorbing, I don’t feel like I’m wearing an oil on my face and it doesn’t clog my pores or make me break out. I have even added it to my foundation (just a drop) on those days I need a little extra glow.
- Mosquito Repellent – Mosquitos hate it. Which is crazy right?
A few other tidbits: This is an organic, hypoallergenic (ingredients like lavender which is a low risk skin allergen and irritant), anti-inflammatory (has vanilla bean), anti-aging and cruelty free product. Because it is made with all natural ingredients, I have used it as a lip balm as it is safe to do so and it doesn’t taste bad at all. I researched the benefits of a few of the oils she uses and found the following information:
- Sunflower Oil – Sunflower Oil is a wonderful skin softener and conditioner. Sunflower is a versatile cost-effective carrier oil that has applications in both massage and aromatherapy.
- Grapeseed Oil – This versatile oil contains numerous essential fatty acids; its rich, silky texture is perfect for soothing away dryness and irritation. Grapeseed won’t clog pores or cause break-outs and is that makes it suitable for all skin types.
- Coconut Oil – It’s naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, coconut oil for skin is an excellent moisturizer, it can penetrate hair better than other oils, and, well, it smells like cookies.
As you can see, a lot of thought went into the ingredients. It is nice to buy a product that you don’t need to worry about any harmful ingredients. And since it is made by a Doctor, I know I can trust this product.
Lastly, I’m super excited to share a discount code with you that Dr. Sonjia gave me (not an affiliate code). You can get 50% off with code SENSEOIL when you purchase through Amazon (free shipping for Prime members). Here are the links if you are interested in purchasing:
Give it a try and please let me know if you do and what you think!